With the end of 2011 looming like a big, looming thing, here's a selection of blog posts about writing from the past year. Each one seems to have been of use to someone along the way, so I hereby offer a dozen of them in one big selection box.
1. Don't wait for an engraved invitation to write.
2. How to deal with notes - good, bad and ugly.
3. Why confidence is the signpost of better writing.
4. Why coping with rejection doesn't get any easier.
5. Why much of your writing is unseen and invisible.
6. My journey from writing novels to screenwriting.
7. Rejected? Again? Just shrug and move on.
8. Why complications do not equal complexity, fool.
9. When's the right time to get yourself an agent.
10. Writing for Nina, the Neurons and pre-schoolers.
11. John Wagner's words of wisdom about story craft.
12. Lessons learned during a very long writing quest.