Saturday, May 26, 2007

Buy my comics past on eBay

With my 2000 AD history tome, THRILL-POWER OVERLOAD, due out next month, I've decided to flog off large portions of my comic collection on eBay. I could do with the space and I could certainly do with the cash. Today I've put ten fresh lots of comics and related material up for auction on eBay. You can see the whole list here [bid now to avoid disappointment], but these are some of the highlights...

251 issues of the Judge Dredd Megazine: a near complete set, with numerous free gifts still attached, enclosed or bagged with the issues. Includes five - yes, FIVE - copies of the very first issue.

A complete set of controversial late 80s comic CRISIS.

The first 68 issues of EAGLE comic from its early 80s revival.

Complete sets of STARLORD, JUDGE DREDD: LAWMAN OF THE FUTURE, TORNADO.

All 36 pre-ban issues of notorious 70s weekly ACTION.

A copy of Martin Barker's brilliant book ACTION: The Story of a Violent Comic, telling the tale of how Action got pulled off sale for being [a] too violent, [b] too anti-authority, or [c] both. The book's been out of print for 15 years and is an amazing look into a crucial period for British comics as censorship trumped creativity.

No comments: