Monday, March 27, 2006

Lewis and Inspector Morse

Just emailed my revisions to the copy-edited manuscript for the new edition of The Complete Inspector Morse. Caught a bunch of mistakes from my original text and manages to add some new, up to date material to the book, such as the imminent release of the Lewis spin-off on Region 2 DVD. According to various online retailers, the disc is due out on April 10, possibly with an extra about the spin-off's filming. That's going on top of my shopping list in a fortnight.

With any luck the new edition of my Morse reference tome will be out by end of April, or not long after. The joy of Reynolds & Hearn being a small publishing house is its ability to turn projects around quickly, with a minimum of fuss. I've put a lot of effort into the new edition, as I want this book to stand the test of time, especially as its my first hardback. Rather than take a new advance for the work, I've opted to go straight to royalties once the book is published. Hopefully that decision will pay off later this year. If you like Morse, this is the definitive reference work - order your copy by clicking the link to the right of this page!

No comments: