Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Arms of lead

Off on holiday this weekend and the semi-exotic location requires innoculations. So, a quick trip to the health centre yesterday, one needle in my left arm (tetanus, polio and diptheria - you can't just get tetanus anymore, they have to give you a cocktail), hepatitis A in my right arm. There shouldn't be any significant side effects, I was told.

So why do my arms feel like they're been injected with lead weights? Most of my joints ache, my neck feels funny peculiar and my energy levels are near zero. Of course, how much of this is real and how much mere hypochondria is hard to tell. Argh, now the muscles in my back are playing up too. This better be a good holiday.

In the meantime, I'm trying to finish yesterday's work (Part Five of the Judge Dredd Megazine's history articles), prep to interview screenwriter Timothy Prager about his involvement with the film Quicksand for a case study (part of my The Business of Screen Project Development module) and focus on starting the final script of four for the Project Whose Name I Am Contractually Obliged From Mentioning (PWNIACOFM - another crap acronym). Almost all of this work has to be completed before I go on holiday this Saturday.

So, no time for work displacement here!

Later for you...

No comments: