Thursday, January 17, 2013

One of my Nina and the Neurons was on today


I've written five of the 25 episodes in Go Engineering, the new series of preschooler science show Nina and the Neurons. The first of mine - Bin Lorry - made its debut on CBeebies at 4.30pm today [Thursday January 17]. It'll be on the BBC iPlayer for a while afterwards, and will pop up on CBeebies frequently thereafter. Here's the promo blurb:
Nina investigates how a bin lorry works - with the help of Ollie, her smell neuron. Engineers Heidi, Molly and Sam visit Nina in her workshop and discover that bin lorries use pistons to lift up the rubbish bins. 

Next they go to a recycling centre and find out that pistons are tubes connected with liquid. Lastly they visit the Thames Barrier which protects London from flooding. The Thames Barrier is really heavy and works using pistons too.
I've also written tomorrow's show, all about hovercrafts. Sadly, I didn't get to go along when they were filming the hovercraft sequences. On the plus side, I didn't go to the bin lorry filming either. Swings and roundabouts, I guess. Onwards!

No comments: