Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Impromptu answers to random personal questions

Stumbled across this list of questions on the website of San Francisco screenwriter, author and illustrator G. E. Gallas, who got it from a net meme. Anyway, here are my impromptu answers to some random personal questions. The hardest question was the last, as it happens.



If you could build a second house anywhere, where would it be?
In New Zealand, from whence I came. A wooden villa, late 19th or early 20th Century style. With a veranda/porch that wraps round two sides. Ideally it would be made of kauri, but since that takes a thousand years to grow I’d use reclaimed boards rather than cut down a tree. Corrugated iron roof, because of the way it sounds in a rainstorm. Quarter acre section of flat land. Not near a waterway, and back from the road. Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a big kitchen with plenty of room for a table and chairs.

What are your favorite articles of clothing?
Winklepicker shoes. Fashions come and go, but style endures is among my mottos. Or my feet might actually be shaped that way. I’m not sure which is more accurate.


The last CDs you bought?
The deluxe edition of Eden by Everything But The Girl was the last physical CD I bought. On download? Boys & Girls by Alabama Shakes, and Mid Air by former Blue Nile frontman Paul Buchanan.

What is your favorite kitchen appliance?
Kettle – I drink a lot of coffee.

If you could play an instrument, what would it be?
The piano would be my forte.

Favorite color?
Black. Is that really a colour, or merely the absence of colour? Anyway, paint it black, that's my policy.

Which vehicle do you prefer, sports car, motorcycle, or SUV?
Whatever gets me where I want to go in a timely fashion is fine by me.

Do you believe in the afterlife?
I’ve got my fingers crossed.


Favorite children’s book?
It’s a score draw between the book of The Red Balloon and Where the Wild Things Are.

What is your favorite season?
Winter. It means I can wear even more black.

If you have a tattoo, what is it?
Nope, no ink on me. Except when I write reminders on the back on my left hand and use an indelible pen by mistake.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
Mutant healing ability.

Can you juggle?
Ideas, yes. Balls? Not so much.

What is under your bed?
Shoes, a hair trimmer, dust.

Which do you prefer, sushi or hamburger?
Hamburger. Well done, please.

What is your dream job?
Writer. And I am. Which is nice.

What age do you plan to retire?
Never.

Something you would like to do that you have never done before?
Win an Academy Award.


What if you could only watch the same 10 films… forever?
Rocky
Zulu
Casablanca
Came a Hot Friday
Duck Soup
Gregory’s Girl
The Red Balloon
Bull Durham
To Kill a Mockingbird
Hannah and Her Sister

But ask me again tomorrow, and the list would be different…

No comments: