Saturday, March 10, 2012

Genius: Jean "Moebius" Giraud, rest in peace


Deeply saddened to read about the death of legendary French comics artist and concept designer Jean "Moebius" Giraud. He didn't believe the hype, as this quote from an LA Times interview proves:
"Oh, it makes me happy. But you know at same time I have an internal broom to clean it all up. It can be dangerous to believe it. Someone wrote, ‘Moebius is a legendary artist.' I put a frame around me. A legend - now I am like a unicorn."
Below is a clip of Moebius at work. Turn off the music, and just watch him draw:

1 comment:

Flint Lockjaw said...

Hi David,

It's Flint (Stephen Reid) from the ECBT2000ad podcast. I say that you posted on the 'Pat Mills' interview thread. Any chance we can have you on the podcast? My email is Stephen_reid@cox.net

Steve