Saturday, January 07, 2012

Tubular Bells - Brooklyn Organ Synth Orchestra



This is genius: Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells [a.k.a. that odd, creepy music from The Exorcist] as you've never heard it before, played on at least twenty different instruments by keyboardists from numerous Brooklyn bands. Film directed by Amy Hobby. Stick around right to the end for a post-credits gag featuring Peter Sellars. Class. In a glass. UPDATE: this track is available on iTunes UK for 79p, I've just discovered. Bargain!

2 comments:

Adaddinsane said...

I thought "8 minutes? Nah, I'll just give it a quick listen and then move on."

Eight minutes later ... awesome.

(And today's verification word is "oucksian" - in the style of a duck*.)

* There's a mis-pixellation.

Alistair Rutherford said...

I thought the same: "What's this? I'll have a quick listen and..." 9 minutes later I started it running again. Excellent.