Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Shameless pimpage: Fiends of the Eastern Front out now

2000AD publishers Rebellion have just released a new Fiends of the Eastern Front graphic novel, collecting all the WWII vampire strips in one volume. There's the original series, a groundbreaking mashup of blazing battle action and creepy, nocturnal horror first published in 1980, created by graphic narrative masters by Gerry Finley-Day and Carlos Ezquerra.

Next is Stalingrad, a Fiends serial by amazing artist Colin MacNeil and, well, me. This story was first published as six page chunks once every four weeks in the Judge Dredd Megazine during 2006. I think the whole thing works better as a complete tale, so it's a pleasure to see it gathered together for the first time. Aces. Rounding out the volume is the only colour Fiends story, by Dan Abnett and Ezquerra.

Got to say, it's a thrill to see my name on the cover of a graphic novel, let alone in such esteemed company. I'd love to have another crack at Fiends one day, having written the strip in this volume plus four novels based on concept [all available on the Kindle]. In the meantime, I'll be happy with my first proper graphic novel publication. Onwards!

1 comment:

Alex said...

I didn't know there had been a follow up to Fiends. Look forward to reading this. It's on order once I get paid tomorrow.