Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Drive-by blogging visitation thing

Another madcap week gone by, and another beckons. Last Wednesday was pure mental, had to divide my day into 20 minute chunks to get everything done. Spent Thursday writing the first ten pages of my Lighthouse project second draft. Friday through Sunday got consumed by the 60th British Science Fiction Convention in Bradford, where I pimped the creative writing MA, my book about 2000 AD and myself as a writer. And rewrote the first ten pages.

Easter Monday I came down with something vile that's still playing hell with my digestive system - not pleasant. Yesterday I schlepped into Edinburgh [a two hour round trip] for a ten-minute phone interview with a radio about books and creative writing - broadcast in Australia. Today? More work on the second draft [now a day late and counting], and this afternoon in at Edinburgh Napier. Tomorrow? Must finish and deliver my second draft.

Anything else? I've been invited to a workshop by Red Planet Pictures, two hours of wisdom from writing supremo Tony Jordan. That's thanks to my efforts in the Red Planet Prize, where my WWII home front soap FAMILIES AT WAR got to the final stages. Only snag? The workshop's happening while I'm on holiday in central France for a week. Think I've concocted a bonkers plan that might make attending possible - will let you know. Onwards!

7 comments:

Paul Campbell said...

Congrats for the Red Planet thing - hope you can device a plan that doesn't ruin your holidays.

Jason Arnopp said...

Well done, sir! And if anyone can travel a ludicrous distance in a short space of time, then return, it's The Bishop.

missread said...

Well done on Red Planet - the script certainly deseres to do well and I'm glad it's taken you there! Hope your madcap plan to make it works...

Lucy V said...

Grand news hombre, may your insane antics deliver you to the sesh... And go for the afternoon one!

Anonymous said...

Does this plan involve a Delorean and a flux capacitor? or that thing that Hermione has in Prisoner of Azkhaban?

Sofluid said...

Oh well done you!

I also came down with something over Easter, but you can't blame me for yours because I live far, far away...

I struggled through it though to finish my Coming Up script, Choices, ready for submission. Posted it today - what a wonderful feeling!

Tell us more about your book!

Hope you can manage to enjoy both the workshop and your holiday :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Red Planet!