Friday, August 22, 2008

Deadline soon for SBT's brill mentoring project

I plugged this a few weeks back, but it's well worth repeating as the deadline for applications closes soon. Note: you need to be resident in or working in Scotland to be eligible...
Two years I was lucky enough to be selected for the Scottish Book Trust's mentoring project. For nine months I was guided and challenged by screenwriter Adrian Mead, learning a huge amount in the process and it made me a better writer. Now the SBT wants applications for its next wave of mentoring. You can be a novelist, a poet, an aspiring screenwriter, an illustrator or striving to become one of these.

You don't have to pay for this great opportunity, and there are no application fees. Sounds too good to be true? It isn't. I can't recommend this project highly enough. To find out more, read all about it here and study the application guidelines here. I believe the deadline for applying is Monday September 8th this year, but best to check that with the book trust's writer development co-ordinator Caitrin Armstrong: caitrin.armstrong@scottishbooktrust.com

No comments: