Wednesday, March 05, 2008

She'll be coming round the mountain...

Race For Life is becoming something of an institution here. The last two years my wife has joined thousands of other women as they run and/or walk round Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh, raising money for Cancer Research UK. It's a five kilometre course with an added bonus of pain - at least half of the distance is uphill. A lot of the Race For Life runs take place in gentle, modest parks that wouldn't trouble an average jogger. Running round Arthur's Seat feels more like jogging up Mt Everest [I'm told].

Nevertheless, training has begun and this year my wife's determined to make it the whole way round while still running. I'd say, 'You go, girls!', but I'm not sure I can carry that off - so I've sponsored her instead. Now it's your turn. If you've ever read anything useful, or entertaining, or insightful on this blog [unlikely, I know, but a boy can dream], please sponsor my wife's assault on Arthur's Seat. Doesn't have to be a lot of money, every fiver helps the cause. Let's face it, who hasn't lost someone they care about to cancer? Give a little. Go on. Go on. go on, go on, go on.

1 comment:

Paul Scoones said...

Donation made. Go Alison!!

We'll be in the UK on 1 June when the event takes place, but I can't guarantee that we'll be within cheering distance, though! :)

A close member of my family had the big C several years back - and thankfully made a full recovery - so this is one of the few charity causes that's particularly meaningful to me.