Friday, May 11, 2007

Bristol: not so much rain as Bergen, but no shortage

This is a test message, to see if I'm able to blog from on the road. I'm away at the Bristol Comics Expo, my first trip to this event for seven years. Back then I had just handed in my resignation as editor of 2000 AD and was working out my three months' notice period. As a result, I happily spent the weekend redirecting all enquiries to my replacement to be, Andy Diggle.

Fast forward seven years, and the person we hired as Andy's assistant, Matt Smith, is now editor of both 2000 AD and the Judge Dredd Megazine. Grud knows when he sleeps. Andy's under contract as a writer to America's DC Comics and I'm trying to make the leap to writing broadcast drama. Anyways, I've arrived in Bristol and already been rained on five times. Impressions of the city thus far: damp.

No comments: