Who can take part?
Absolutely anybody over the age of 18 on 12 February 2007 who has not had any previous screenplays, stage, radio and television scripts and/or treatments professionally commissioned, published, staged, optioned and/or produced in any format. If you have had a script or proposal rejected by professional theatre companies or radio stations, you are still eligible to enter in accordance with The Radio Play’s The Thing Terms and Conditions. Your entry should include:
* One paragraph of 200–300 words outlining the subject of your play and its main theme(s). Explain also why you chose the subject.
* A 200–300 word synopsis of your play. Here’s a model synopsis to follow.
* Sample scenes from your play – no more than 15–20 pages – that show clearly your strengths and potential as a drama writer, including your flair for dialogue. Your sample scenes must be professionally formatted for radio production. Here are some model scenes to follow.
* A full Dramatis Personae, ie a list of all the characters in your play. Here’s a model Dramatis Personae to follow.
* Brief character descriptions – about 20 words each – of all of your characters, including their age and gender.
Find out more by visiting The Radio Play's the Thing website.