DAILY STAR DREDD: THE BLACKWOOD INCIDENT • WEEK SIX
1. Dredd jumps forward and grabs his Lawgiver from Franz's grasp.
1998, BLACKWOOD, USA. DREDD IS TRYING TO STOP A TIME IMPLOSION THAT COULD DESTROY ETERNITY!
2. Dredd trains his Lawgiver on 20th Century cops Franz and Smits.
I'VE WASTED ENOUGH TIME, THANKS TO YOU TWO.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF LAWS YOU ENFORCE BUT YOU WOULDN'T LAST LONG IN MEGA-CITY ONE!
3. Dredd throws a pair of cuffs to Smits. Coster is off to one side, nervous.
PUT THESE CUFFS ON MY PRISONER. HE'S GOT A LOT TO ANSWER FOR IN THE FUTURE!
1. Dredd talks to Mortimer. In the background Smits is cuffing Coster.
WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?
I WENT TO SOME SCIENCE LAB IN THE FUTURE. THERE WAS A WOMAN THERE, PROFESSOR COSTER.
2. Franz watches as Mortimer explains to Dredd.
SHE GAVE ME A MESSAGE FOR YOU. SHE BELIEVES YOU'RE CAUGHT IN A TEMPORAL PARADOX.
3. Just Mort and Dredd.
IF YOU STOP THE TIME IMPLOSION, THE FUTURE WILL BE CHANGED FOREVER.
BUT IF I DON'T, THE TIME IMPLOSION COULD CONSUME ALL OF HISTORY!
1. Franz approaches Dredd and Mortimer. Dredd consults his countdown.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, TIME IMPLOSION?
A FIRESTORM THAT WILL CONSUME EVERYTHING IN A THREE-MILE RADIUS - IN ABOUT TEN MINUTES!
2. Dredd shakes Mortimer by the shoulders for more info.
THERE MUST BE A WAY OUT OF THIS! WHAT ELSE DID PROFESSOR MORTIMER TELL YOU IN 2120?
SHE SAID THE ANSWER WAS IN YOUR LAWMASTER'S ON-BOARD COMPUTER, WHATEVER THAT IS...
3. Cut to Dredd astride his Lawmaster, looking at the computer screen.
LOOK UP THE BLACKWOOD INCIDENT. YOU NEED A SPECIAL PASSWORD - DOOMSDAY!
1. Franz talks to Smits and Mortimer in foreground. In the background, Dredd is accessing the Blackwood files on his Lawmaster bike computer.
"WHILE JUDGE DREDD ACCESSED FILES ABOUT THE BLACKWOOD INCIDENT, I TALKED TO THE COPS..."
SO NOBODY WAS WEARING SILVER?
2. Mort shrugs, Franz looks a little happier. Dredd approaches in b/g.
NO, THEY JUST HAD NORMAL CLOTHES.
GOOD. IN TV SHOWS ABOUT THE FUTURE, EVERYONE ALWAYS HAS WEAR SILVER. I HATE SILVER!
3. Dredd asks a questions, unsurprisingly grim-faced.
WHAT'S THE DATE? YOUR LIVES DEPEND ON IT!
1. Dredd explains the final pieces of the plot to Franz, Smits and Mortimer.
THE DATE? IT'S 12:54 A.M. ON JULY 27TH, 1998.
THAT SETTLES IT - YOU'VE GOT SIX MINUTES LEFT TO EVACUATE THIS AREA BEFORE TIME IMPLODES!
2. Dredd holds up the teleporter prototype he has been using.
ACCORDING TO FUTURE HISTORY, THIS UNSTABLE DEVICE WILL SELF DESTRUCT AT ONE A.M.
THE FIRESTORM WILL WIPE OUT EVERYTHING FOR MILES, LEAVING A BLACKENED, PETRIFIED FOREST.
3. Dredd gestures at the forest around them.
THIS AREA - THE BLACKWOOD STATE PARK - IS ABOUT TO BECOME A RADIOACTIVE WASTELAND!
1. Franz and Smits are in their cop car, with Mortimer in the back seat. Franz jabs a thumb at the handcuffed, who sits unhappily by Dredd's bike.
DREDD, WHAT ABOUT YOUR PRISONER?
HE'S GOT CRIMES TO ANSWER IN THE YEAR 2120.
2. Mortimer leans out a passenger window, gives Dredd the teleporter.
YOU'LL NEED THIS TO GET BACK TO YOUR FUTURE.
THANKS. NOW GET GOING!
3. Car speeds off. Dredd holds up time device in foreground. It reads 03:00.
ONLY THREE MINUTES LEFT!
TO BE CONCLUDED...