Here's a movie meme borrowed I contracted from Optimistic Reader...
1. Popcorn or candy?
Popcorn - but never, ever, ever say yes if somebody serving at an American cinema asks if you'd like extra butter on your salted popcorn. What they mean is would you like some old sump oil I found on the floor of my garagge poured over your previously edible snack?
2. Name a movie you've been meaning to see forever.
Raging Bull. I don't know why, but I'm always underwhelmed by Scorcese. Come to think of it, I haven't seen Taxi Driver either. Tsk, what a cultural philistine.
3. You are given the power to recall one Oscar: Who loses theirs and to whom?
Best Picture for Oliver! In fact, any Oscar for any film that includes a screamer in its title.
4. Steal one costume from a movie for your wardrobe. Which will it be?
A Marlyn Monroe dress from Some Like It Hot. NO, not to wear, you freaks - think of the money you could make auctioning it off.
5. Your favorite film franchise is....
Rocky. And there's a sixth one coming out this Christmas, grud help us.
6. Invite five movie people over for dinner. Who are they? Why'd you invite them? What do you feed them?
William Goldman, Robert McKee, Charlie Kaufman, Anthony Minghella and John Cusack. They've all written movies, they've all got strong points of view and the arguments would be amazing - and witty. I wouldn't feed them anything except alcohol.
7. What is the appropriate punishment for people who answer cell phones in the movie theater?
Embed the point of an icepick into each other, permanently defeaning them.
8. Choose a female bodyguard: Ripley from Aliens. Mystique from X-Men. Sarah Connor from Terminator 2. The Bride from Kill Bill. Mace from Strange Days.
Ripley, of course. She can bring it.
9. What's the scariest thing you've ever seen in a movie?
The night scope sequence form Silence of the Lambs, when Clarice is in total darkness and Buffalo Bill reaches his hand towards her.
10. Your favorite genre (excluding "comedy" and "drama") is....
11. You are given the power to greenlight movies at a major studio for one year. How do you wield this power?
I'd hire the ten best screenwriters in Hollywood and pay them to mentor half a dozen exciting new writers for the year. Everybody has to write two complete scripts, including the ten best. By the end of twelve months we'd have 140 screenplays and - chances are - some great new movies to make.
12. Bonnie or Clyde?
Bonnie. Never cared much for Warren Beatty.