1. coffee, n. the person upon whom one coughs.
2. flabbergasted, adj. appalled by discovering how much weight one has gained.
3. abdicate, v. to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
4. esplanade, v. to attempt an explanation while drunk.
5. willy-nilly, adj. impotent.
6. negligent, adj. absentmindedly answering the door when wearing only a nightgown.
7. lymph, v. to walk with a lisp.
8. gargoyle, n. olive-flavored mouthwash.
9. flatulence, n. emergency vehicle that picks up someone who has been run over by a steamroller.
10. balderdash, n. a rapidly receding hairline.
11. testicle, n. a humorous question on an exam.
12. rectitude, n. the formal, dignified bearing adopted by proctologists.
13. pokemon, n. a Rastafarian proctologist.
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Pokemon goes willy-nilly, flatulence called
What follows may be the net equivalent of an urban myth, but it tickled my fancy, so maybe it'll tickle yours, too. The Washington Post allegedly runs a competition each year, inviting readers to submit new definitions for common words. The best are selected from many, many entries and published in the Post. Below is a selection from a recent crop of winners...