Tuesday, November 07, 2006

First piece of MA year two work submitted

In an effort to stop myself flailing around between the dozen different projects I'm trying to progress simultaneously, I've decided to turn today into a Get Something Finished kind of day. I'm happy to report the choice is paying dividends as I've just submitted my first piece of assessed work for year two of my screenwriting MA. It was a 2000-word essay comparing and contrasting a particular sequence from film adaptation of a novel or play of my own choice with its source material, accompanied by a highly detailed shot analysis of that sequence.

I opted for the diner sequence from David Cronenberg's A History of Violence (2005), adapted from the graphic novel by John Wagner and vince Locke. It make for a fascinating case study, even if producing the shot analysis did take five bloody hours. Still, that's one less monkey on my back. Now, let's see which pesky simian I can consign to my past next, instead of it cluttering up my future...

No comments: