Monday, October 16, 2006

What a lovely way to start the week

Today's post including the latest issue of the Judge Dredd Megazine, featuring part 7 of my WWII story Fiends of the Eastern Front: Stalingrad, stunningly illustrated by Colin MacNeil. Also in the post - a royalty cheque from BBC Worldwide Ltd for further sales on one of my Doctor Who novels. Not enough to merit a massive spending splurge, but enough to put a smile on my dial. Of course, it would be for one of my worst books, but you can't choose your successes.

Went down the road to pay in my royalties, get a haircut and pay the council tax for October. Got back to find an email from the lovely people at TAPS, 'an organisation committed to seeking out, training and showcasing emerging talented writers by putting their original voices in front of leading drama and comedy producers and script executives.' I've been accepted on the TAPS script editing course. Best of all, it's being held in December, on dates I can attend.

I've still got to pay for it [the best part of £300], plus associated travel costs and find somewhere to stay while I'm down in That Fancy London, but that's a problem for tomorrow. Today is for celebrating. Come to think of it, tomorrow is also for writing a Megazine feature article, and for plunging into research for my next Black Flame novel, and for mind-mapping the core characters of my TV pilot idea on which I'm being mentored. So, Tuesday has got busy, busy and busy written all over it.

I should just have time to wipe the smile off my face before knuckling down to some real work tomorrow...

No comments: