Sunday, July 30, 2006

Hmm, iced fingers...

I adore iced fingers. No, it's not some kind of freakish desert for cannibals, but a finger roll that's been daubed with icing and had dessicated coconut sprinkled over it. They're even better with some spread inside, like butter or pro-activ, accompanied by a cup of coffee. The local baker, Gibson's, sells them for 45 pence each. I have one most weekdays. If the iced fingers aren't ready when I wander in, they'll often make one for me - isn't that nice?

Obviously, using low fat spread on an iced finger is a grand form of self delusion, but I like it that way. Then again, I sometimes to have Diet Coke with a Kit-Kat and call it a balanced diet. Self delusion, or just a little of something you fancy? You be the judge. I'm no expert - hell, I've had a craving for Turkish Delight since I read The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe thirty years ago. Hmm, Turkish Delight...

No comments: