Tuesday, June 06, 2006

One day until my first radio play is broadcast

Tomorrow I achieve my first broadcast credit. My 15-minute play Ronald will be transmitted twice by BBC Radio 4 on Wednesday June 7, firstly as the Woman's Hour Drama for the day at 10.45am [British Summer Time] and secondly in an evening repeat from 7.45pm. Thereafter it'll be available online for a week as part of BBC Radio's marvellous Listen Again service. Here's the official programme listing for my play...
Island Blue
Set on a remote Scottish island, five plays about people who visit and work at a retreat.
Ronald
By David Bishop.
Retreat leader April, finds one of the guests particularly challenging. Ronald's like a fish out of water, so why's he there and how can April get him to stop disrupting the other guests?
Ronald ...... Crawford Logan
April ...... Rose Mcbain
Dorothy/Tracy ...... Lucy Paterson
Shonagh ...... Lesley Hart

If you're like me, chances are you'll never be sufficiently organised to listen to the play as it's actually being broadcast. That's where the Listen Again service is so invaluable, giving people the opportunity to hear radio drama [and, indeed, other radio programming] at a time convenient to you. To find out more about any of this, click the headline on this posting or paste the following URL into your browser:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/arts/whour_drama.shtml

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David

I've been meaning to say congrats on this (and SJS) for ages, but have been tied up (and that's the way I like it)!

I will definitely be listening tomorrow, although whether I'll be using the listen again service is hard to say as I'll probably listen from my office live on the net!

Cheers

R

Lianne said...

Listen again is a great service and I'll have to use it in this case - at work tomorrow!