Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Biggar news - writing events, local writers

Change of pace from my usual postings, but I figure these events are worth mentioning here. While this blog attracts readers in Mauritius, Iceland and Australia, there's also plenty of visitors from closer to where I live. So, a couple of quick announcements for anyone who's interested...

Dunsyre poet Vicki Feaver will be reading for the Poetry Association at the Scottish Poetry Library in Edinburgh on Wednesday 22 March from 7.30 pm. Like me, Vicki is among the scribes contributing to the same five-day serial for Radio 4 - she's writing the Monday play.

Scribes Jules Horne and Dorothy Alexander will be sharing their writing secrets at the Elphinstone Hotel in Biggar from 7.30 pm on Friday, 31 March. Jules is virtual writer in residence in Dumfries and yet another contributing writer on the Woman's Hour serial, in her case the Thursday play. [Tickets: £3 and £2 for concessions] You can find out more about what Jules does by clicking the relevant link on the menu at right.

I'm hopeful I'll get along to the event at the Elph, but I'll be coming back from an interactive event in Dundee, so time may get away from me - we'll see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went on a tour of the Scottish Poetry Library last year. Nice little place, although their classification system threw me - probably because I know nothing about poetry...