Thursday, February 23, 2006

A man of distinction

Well, I've gotten the results of my first trimester as a part-time MA Screenwriting student at Edinburgh's Napier University. For the module Writing and Screen Project Development I was graded as D3 and for the module Business of Screen Project Development I got a D1. The D means a pass with distinction, D5 being the highest and D1 the lowest. So my efforts on the writing module got me a higher grade than on the business module, which suits me fine - I'm aiming to be a screenwriter, not a producer. As for my pieces of assessed work, my Script Report earned a D3 while my Market Analysis only got a P5 (a high pass). Fortunately, I'd done enough elsewhere on the business module to drag my overall grade up into Distinction.

I am now the proud possessor of 30 credits towards the 180 I need, one sixth of the way to a Masters in Screenwriting. This trimester's module are also worth 15 credits each, so if I do okay on them, I'll have accumulated 60 credits by June. The part-timers are effectively at a loose end for the third trimester of Year One, then we return in late September for the start of Year Two and a whole new bunch of fun. But that's the future. For now, I'm laying in the afterglow of being a man of Distinction...

No comments: